Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Sunday, October 18, 2009

101809 KA-BOOM! Wow, that was the closest one to date!

101809 KA-BOOM! Wow, that was the closest one to date!

On Friday we I had the closest call to date.  A rocket hit the bunker next to the building where I work (and about 100 feet from where I sit) and it rattled the building pretty bad.  Lights fell down and there was dust everywhere.  For a minute we thought some part of the building was hit since it was that loud.  Instead of running to the bunker THIS time I hit the deck flat in case there was another explosion.  There was but it was farther away so we got up and ran to bunkers. Surprisingly there was still a lot of yelling going on!  Anyway, that was certainly the closest one to date.  The rocket hit the top of the bunker and blew the plywood off (in the pics above.)  In some of the other pics you can see part of the recovered casing and the shrapnel.  There was shrapnel everywhere so I gathered up a few pieces.  What the heck do I do with them though?
R/Chris

1 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Bernie said…

    HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!!

    Keep your head down buddy...

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home