Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Saturday, March 13, 2010

031410 Winter is too cold to run and summer can be too hot to run

031410 Winter is too cold to run and summer can be too hot to run

I try to run at lunch time here in Iraq to keep in shape. The Army/AF
does a great job of providing the facilities to keep in shape but you
still have to go there to take advantage of such. By far, most of the
guys (and women) in the gym are under 30. Iraq can be a tough
environment so it helps to stay in shape. Military personnel are
generally given 'time on the clock' to work out. For contractors
that's generally not the case. I've been running at lunch time every
other day now for about 2 weeks. I leave at 12 sharp, change, run,
shower and ride my bike back to the office. It's a tight schedule but
I can do this in about 1 hr +- 5 minutes. I'll then suck down a
protein shake for lunch and I'm good to go.
The weather will be quite tolerable until Jun or so when it gets
really hot. Anyway, here are a few gratuitous pics.
R/Chris

1 Comments:

  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Bernie said…

    You're looking pretty buff there chico! Keep up the fitness regimen. I'm trying to get back into one here after slacking off since November. I was doing great in September and October but then "fell off the wagon."

    Time to get back on.

    Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home