Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Nancy leaves Saturday.
Nancy is a coworker who is leaving Saturday so today the command recognized her accomplishments and gave her a certificate and coin. They said a couple of nice things and she said a couple of nice things but the fact is, she isn't leaving by choice. She's being replaced by someone who has done the job better and is more capable. She's being replaced by someone who will likely be less argumentative and easier to get along with. In short, she's fired and a new person is hired. But for appearance sake, she gets a coin and congratulations. Frankly, I'm glad she'll be gone. I'm tired of dealing with her drama.

Below is a pic of a sprung structure. These are huge structures that can be completely closed off from the weather. They're put up by a sub contractor here and the whole thing will arrive in one large plane load. The plane lands and out comes dozens of pallets of materials. The sprung is built from just one plane load of pallets. It's impressive.



Here's a pic of me and the bike I bought when I got here. For $75 I bought the bike, helmet, two chains and locks, a spare tire and a light. New the bike is only $119 at the PX. I don't know why but nice bikes here are very inexpensive. The pic looks a bit dark but it was hot yesterday. It was 109 here at Balad and cooled the low of 80 probably around 5 AM. So at 8PM when I done for the day, it's still 90 or so and dark.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home