Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Thursday, October 18, 2007

I finally got a haircut yesterday. I get one about every 2-3 weeks and the haircut is $3 and I tip $3. Typically when you get a haircut in Pakistan or India (which is where all the barbers here are from) you also get a complimentary back rub which can be quite intense. They'll massage your scalp and rub your shoulders 'vigorously' and when done you're sometimes not sure if you got a rub down or felt-up! New guys here may not know about this custom and sometimes it can come as a shocker when the barber start rapping his knuckles (again, dang vigorously) on your head!
Here's a pic of me and my new haircut in the bunker. We've been in the bunker once a day for the last 2 days for mortar attacks. Eh, such is life in a war zone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home