Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

18 Mar Trip to BIAP

18 Mar 09  Trip to BIAP
Last Friday I got on a C130 for a short trip to BIAP. BIAP stands for Baghdad International Airport and it is a functioning airport now.  Half of the airport is used by the US military and the other side is used for commercial air service by Iraq.  I've flown out of the Iraq side since KBR uses a Russian charter service to ferry people in and out of Iraq while all other contractors depend upon the US Air Force to get in and out of Iraq.  It's a short trip so one wonders how they lost my baggage!  I went to BIAP to replace a server that was not working well with a better one and I carried the server in a large duffle bag.  Anyway, my bag never got off the plane and so the trip was a bust and I eventually got my bag back several days later.  Guess I'll have to go back to BIAP and try those VERY tasty fried lobster dish!! Oh, and I'll swap out some server too.  The pics are me on the plane and two pics of what BIAP 'airport' looks like.  Pretty spartan huh?
R/Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home