Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

110309 Halloween, the best holiday and Lightning in the Desert

110309 Halloween, the best holiday and Lightning in the Desert

For Halloween I asked a former co-worker in the states to send some Halloween stuff for the coffee break room.  I  then decorated the break room and you can see my efforts in the pic above.  Frankly Halloween is the best Holiday.   Thanksgiving and Christmas have too much connection or association with family and loved ones.  And try as they  might, sitting at a DFAC table with coworkers for a Thanksgiving meal just isn't the same.  The DFAC does a great job  and there is (camel) steak, prime rib and even lobster but it's just not the same (it sucks and is kind of  depressing). 
Also it has started to rain here.  I don't think I've ever seen it rain in Iraq without lots of thunder and  lightning.  I remember it raining once when I was at Tallil where it was raining and lightning and thunder but it  was still so warm that what rain did make it to the ground quickly evaporated.  Dang good lightning show though.  Also there's so much lightning that it's possible to get some pics by just taking random pics.  I took about 30  pics at random times the other day to get the lightning pics above as well.  Unfortunately the pics really don't do justice to the amount of lightning there was but it does give one an idea.

R/Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home