Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Sunday, December 19, 2010

121910 Camel Spider

121910 Camel Spider
The other day some guys caught a camel spider in the sprung (a big tent) behind the building where I work.
The critter is only about 2 inches big but as you can see from the pics (and the mp4 file) they can be very aggressive at times.  I guess they kept him for a few days and fed him a grasshopper and gecko.  I know camel spider can get much bigger and I've seen a few 4-5 inches big but understand that they can get even bigger  They're not really a spider nor are they poisonous but they make up for it by being aggressive.  I heard that when they were done with the guy someone encased him in resin for a desktop conversation piece.
R/Chris

1 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous DAXXX said…

    So if the spider is 2", then how big is that mutant grass hopper??? LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home