Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

01 March Back at Balad...and things are changing

01 March Back at Balad...and things are changing
 
I've been traveling for work and a few weeks of R&R.  That long flight(s) from the mideast to and from the states is REALLY wearing thin on me.
 
Any way, I wanted to update things as this blog is for my record as well as those seriouly contemplating a contractor job in Iraq.  
 
I currently work for the US Army here and while Army said that its time in Iraq would eventually come to an end, it only now that I'm seeing serious indications of such.  I really see the US Army truely ouf of much of Iraq by the end of this year.  Normally this would mean the end of my job (and thousands of other jobs) and the end of any US presence in Iraq.  
 
BUT, Good bye US Army and hello my new overlords the Department of State!  
 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/01/AR2011020106523.html

 

So the DoS soon hopes to have 4-5 locations in Iraq employing anywhere from 8,000 to 17,000 people (mostly contractors.)  (And you thought the US would REALLY pull out?!)

 

Anyway, this is the current rumor and we'll know by June or July whether or not A) the DoS comes to Iraq and at what locations and B) whether they'll use the application I help to administer for workorder and maintenance recording.

 

R/Chris

3 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to see you back Chris.. I always keep checking for an update. Get on Facebook! :)

    Mike in Boston

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Bernie said…

    Yah! What Anonymous said, "Get on Facebook"!"

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Get on Facebook!," = "Come to the dark side..."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home