Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Thursday, May 01, 2008

01 May 08 The grass is green and it's warm and sunny in Iraq

01 May 08 The grass is green and it's warm and sunny in Iraq
Today the weather is again just perfect in Iraq. The grass on the
'lawn' is very green and will again need mowing by the end of the
week. One of the main missions here at Balad is equipment repair and
swapout. The HUMMV is being replaced my the MRAP (mine
resistance ambush protection vehicle). The HuMMVs are being
'sold/lent/given' to the Iraqi forces as MRAPs come available. Here
are two good pics of MRAPs. Below are also a few pics of me from today
sporting a new haircut. I usually go for only 2 weeks before
I get a haircut but this time went for almost a month. Most military
get their haircut every week and at only $3 a haircut, it's a
deal. And the lawn is looking good but I still have my doubts as to
how it'll do when it hits 120F every day. And while 120F is a
dry heat, it's still damn hot.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chris, great to see your writing again! keep it up! I'm reading as long as your writing!
    Dave "BigDogWarwri"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home