Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Saturday, June 21, 2008

062108 I've not posted in a bit/General Pics/Snake

062108 I've not posted in a bit/General Pics/Snake

I've not posted any update in a while as I've been REALLY tired of
every dang day being a Ground Hog day. I've been over here for over 3
1/2 years now and it can be wearisome at times. I do appreciate the
comments people post even if I cannot reply. Anyway, suck it up, pull
up the bootstraps, blah blah blah. I'm committed to this contract and
will do what I said I would do. So below are some early morning pics.
It's about 4:45 AM when the pics were taken so you can see that's
it's pretty light out. The one pic with the car should show the moon
setting in the distance (but it's hard to make it out.) The bunker
pic is just another pic of the old burned out Iraqi power generation
bunker. One of these days I'm going to ask to go see the inside. The
pic of the lawn is just a general lawn pic. You dump enough water on
something and it will grow anywhere! The last two pics are pics of
what the yard looks like where I am. As you can see this looks some
general commercial zone in the industrial part of any big city.

Lastly, last night (around 3 AM) I was walking around the building
with one of the security guys and we say a small black snake. The
other guy saw the snake better than me and said it had a big head
(viper) but wasn't more than about 12 inches long. Well he wanted
nothing to do with it but I took his flashlight and tried to hunt the
snake down since he'd disappeared somewhere between the AC units and
the building. Needless to say I didn't find the snake but it probably
wasn't too smart to be prodding around looking for a black viper in
the dark wearing shorts. The snakes here in Iraq tend to be generally
poisonous and aren't that big unless it's a cobra.
R/Chris

1 Comments:

  • At 3:36 AM, Blogger Thumper (Mark) said…

    So how much longer do you have on your contract?... Ground Hog days get old afterwhile.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home