Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Thursday, March 26, 2009

26 Mar 09 Tourism in Iraq (really!)

26 Mar 09 Tourism in Iraq (really!)
A long time ago when I was in, oh 5th grade or so, I recall having a humanities class where we learned that Mesopotamia was the 'cradle of civilization'  and that Mesopotamia means 'land between the two rivers'.  I never would have thought then (or even up to a few years ago)  that I'd be living in Mesopotamia but here I am.  And with so much 'old stuff' here in Iraq it was only a matter of time that tourism would eventually come to Iraq.  I think I even heard it somewhere (National Geographic or something) that there are more references in the Bible to locations in Iraq than anywhere else.  Irbil (you can google it) is a major city in the north of Iraq and it is the oldest documented continuously inhabited city in the world (6,000 years or so.)  
R/Chris

1 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chris, These people have defiantly lost their marbles! This country is as safe as being in a pond full of crocks! What fools…..!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home