Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

032911 "It's a recruitment tool...uh, it's a moral builder!"...yea sure.

032911 "It's a recruitment tool...uh, it's a moral builder!"...yea sure.

As a contractor in Iraq I work 7 days a week and 12 hours a day.  so there's not much time left at the end of the day to do other stuff such as keep in shape.  A few guys in the office go to the gym at 0400 but dang that's early.  And up to last week, it was just too cold (for me at least) to run in the dark.  So recently I've been using my lunch hour to go running. Soon it'll get a bit hotter and I'll start my run by soaking my shorts and shirt in cold water and then putting them on.   It's actually pretty effective in the 120F heat (for about 20 minutes or so).  But until then I'll just do my 2 miles or so and a few pushups.  Above are a few pics of me running at JBB. 
It's also against the rules to wear headphones while outside but if you wear some sunglasses and a floppy hat you can barely make out the headphones (so I've been told....LOL).
Recently I've also seen this 'monster' Army truck here at JBB (see pics).  It's pretty cool but totally useless.  And yes, they use a ladder to get in and out.  I asked the guy what is the purpose of the truck and with a straight face he told me it was a recruitment tool!  I asked how much recruitment was really needed on a base in Iraq that only had contractors and soldiers and he said that it was also a moral builder!  Well..I suppose so...yea sure.
R/Chris

1 Comments:

  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger Bernie said…

    Really? A morale builder? Seriously? You should have asked him to explain exactly how that worked....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home