Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Friday, May 02, 2008

050308b Porta-John arsonist and Knife-fighting Class

050308b Porta-John arsonist and Knife-fighting Class
Evidently someone is REALLY bored at Balad and going around setting
Porta-Johns on fire. Urgh, someone out there
is now known as the 'Porta-John arsonist. Dubious indeed! AND
they're taking application for the Balad Variety
show! If ONLY I knew more show-tunes (er, and could carry a tune.)
Also, you'll find two pics that were taken at the knife-fighting
training I'm involved in every Tuesday and
Thursday nights. The instructor is SFC Reina and I can tell you that
his 'not so hard' hits are NOT really that!
They hurt! I've got bruises on my arms to prove it and one of the
guys in class has a bruise on his chest as a
reminder too. You can pretty much read the entire article and from
the article you wouldn't know that HALF the
class is civilian! (eh, Army discrimination, suck it up!) In one of
the pics is me but you'll have to look
closely to find me. (my back is all you see). The white guy with all
the tats is an English bloke and uh, he
works 'special forces' here at Balad (read mercenary). Very nice guy,
but not one I'd want to go up against. I
hope to get some better pics soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Thumper (Mark) said…

    Why the hell would anyone light outhouses on fire?... What a douche!

    So do they consider you a civilian?

    If you ever decide to enter in the variety show (especially to sing), that is DEFINITELY something you need to put up on the blog. I got to see that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home