Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Thursday, March 31, 2011

033111 Waiting on DoS

033111 Waiting on DoS
March is almost over and still nothing but rumors about Department of State (DoS) taking over the 'nation building' process here in Iraq.  The Army seems to want out of Iraq but even after the Army pulls out there'll still be an Army (and Air Force and Navy and USMC and 'other' (CIA/FBI)) presence (personnel wise) here in Iraq with DoS.  I think a lot of people (including me) intrepreted "Army pulls out of Iraq" as "US pulls out of Iraq".  But that doesn't appear to be the case.  I honestly never thought that I would have have been in Iraq working for the Army as long as I have and now I may be doing the same thing for the Department of State.  That is IF the DoS does move in here and takes over for the Army.  So far there is nothing but rumors and speculation.  Nothing in writing. 
And so for now, here we sit, waiting on DoS.
R/Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home