Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

040511 Mud, dust and incoming mortar rounds

040511 Mud, dust and incoming mortar rounds
 
The last few days have been dusty and last night was very dusty (see pics.)  This is pretty typical and when it's dusty and windy but still not too hot (summer just started), it'll also rain (which really falls as mud)  but only enough to get the ground wet.  And even then any moisture immediately dries up.  Soon there'll be afternoon lightening shows and we'll see and hear the rain but the ground will never get wet.  And as usual, when it's dusty, we get incoming.  Above are a few pics of one sprung that got 'hit' the other night.  In one pic the round came in the big hole on the left, and struck the concrete in the middle and then produced a large exit hole on the right.  And all those little holes?  That is shrapnel.  Fortunately the sprung was empty (this happened at night) and no one was hurt.  Otherwise a 'kill zone' is probably about 100 feet.
Such is life in Iraq.
R/Chris

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home