Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Saturday, October 10, 2009

101009 U.S. Army 10 Mile Race

101009 U.S. Army 10 Mile Race

The Army (and the military in general) has quite a bit of history.  When I was in the Navy, October 13th was THE Navy Birthday.  A big day for the Army is October 10th.  This is THE day of the Army 10 Mile Race!  At Army installations around the world this race will be run.  Why? Because...(it's the Army way).  I've never  been in DC on 10 Oct but I understand it's a big deal there too.  Of course, all are invited to run, Army, Air Force, Civilians (pukes) 'et-cetera...'  I didn't run this year (eh, maybe next year) but the race started at 0445 prompt.  It's basically a big fun-race.  I've said many times that the Army does a GREAT job here with MWR events for all and you should really never be bored.  Anyway, here are some pics.
R/Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home