Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Sunday, May 15, 2011

051611 There are some very interesting people in Iraq...like SGT C!

051611 There are some very interesting people in Iraq...like SGT C!
 
One of the cool things about working in Iraq is that you get to meet some very interesting people.  Last year I met 'LT Dan' (Gary Sinise) in the DFAC as he was signing photographs (dang he is short!)  I've seen more celebrities in person while in Iraq than I have in my entire life.  But there are some very cool people in the Army too here in Iraq.  The pic and story above is of SGT Cordell. An article came out in the Army paper and it's pretty interesting his life story and all.  What stands out is that he really likes being in the Army and being deployed here in Iraq. Well a few weeks back I'm in the gym and lo and behold there is the guy from the paper.  Pretty cool huh?  I said hi and how I enjoyed hearing his story and ask him if he really did like being deployed here in Iraq.  Well, all he had to do was say "yes, I really do enjoy being deployed and here in Iraq."   But after about at least a 5 minute answer (that did not seem to have an ending coming soon) I had to stop him and say 'I really do appreciate the reply but I do need to get back to my routine'.  Maybe he just felt the need to defend his answer but after being in Iraq for over 6 years now I somewhat have to agree with him.  It's not that bad and it can be very productive if your manage your time well.  I'm glad (no, make that damn glad) that I'm not in the Army or Navy but I do kinda/sorta like being deployed.  I'm ex-Navy, deployed and living the Army life here in Iraq and damn glad to be here.
R/Chris

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home