Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Sunday, May 29, 2011

053011 Memorial Day in Iraq

053011 Memorial Day in Iraq

Today is Memorial Day in Iraq and it's basically a day off (or at most half-ass effort day.)  Yesterday, there was a picnic for lunch followed by games, basketball, horeshoes and 'inspirational music and dance'.  BUT this was only for the military and DAC personnel.  As a contractor, if I wanted to participate I would not be allowed to charge for my time.  BUT there wasn't a rigid enforcement of this rule either so as in all, I suppose it all washes out (so to speak if you follow me here.) 
Anyway, today is the big pool day.  There will be water bottle boat contests (similar to milk carton boat race) later but overall the pool is just a great place to hang out (see pics).  In the pics above you can see the outdoor stadium next to the pool and I usually run stairs there on week days.  It's also about 110F (see pic) here today.  While that is hot, it's not 'hot-hot' (115F or so plus).  When it's hot-hot you can't touch metal since metal can get much hotter than the air temperature. 
R/Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home