Chris in Iraq

Chris in Iraq

Monday, January 07, 2008

010708

Right now its a bit chilly in I-rak. At night its in the 30s and by morning its freezing. On my bike ride to work I see frost on car hoods and patches of ice where there are usually puddles. The sky is a crisp,clear blue (as you can see from the pic below). You can also see your breath but only thing that other pic shows is that I haven't shaved in several days.

I spent Saturday night watching a movie (I am Legend) with a friend. A 'DVD' (vs a 'theater' copy) of the movie was being sold at the haji-mart and I picked up several copies. I'll be sending them out and if you want one, I'd be happy to send you one. You just have to ask. On Sunday I learned that an old friend relapsed back into drug abuse. I had high hopes but its not looking good. Living in a 'controlled' environment like Iraq would have probably done him good.




1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I had a friend relapse also :( he had been sober for 1 year. I really want to help him but at the same time the last time he was in full swing it hurt so much to be around him I had to literally remove him from my life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home